Welcome to my first mini-guide, friends! Its focus will be on my recent trip to Nashville, Tennessee, where I was visiting family over a long weekend. It was a personal trip, so I wasn’t in blogging mode, which means I didn’t make an effort to take a lot of photos while exploring the city. But that doesn’t mean there wasn’t a lack of cool places to photograph!
That’s why, I thought a mini-guide was more appropriate for my Nashville trip. I have a great list of notable things to do and places to go. But I don’t have a lot of snapshots of said places. So you’re just going to have to take my word for it! 😉
Things to do in Nashville, Tennessee:
- Go hiking at the beautiful Radnor Lake State Park (just 35 mins from Nashville).
- Wander through the Cheekwood Botanical Gardens. Don’t forget to purchase a ticket before going.
- Explore the sprawling Gaylord Opryland Resort.
- Go shopping in the 12South neighborhood.
- Hang out and listen to music on Broadway.
- Check out Bridgestone Arena’s event calendar for concerts or sporting events while you’re in town. We saw John Mayer and went to a hockey game. Both were quite fun!
- Put your boots on and go line dancing at Wild Horse. Newbie? No worries, they have someone walking you through the steps.
- Go bowling + listen to live music at Brooklyn Bowl. Make sure to reserve your spot ahead of time.
- Wine tasting at Arrington Vineyards.
- Take Instagram photos at the Graduate Hotel, What Lifts You (Wings) Mural in The Gulch, and Play-Well Heart Mural (on the side of Barista Parlor).
Places to eat or drink in Nashville, Tennessee:
- Grab lunch at The Loveless Cafe for some Southern cooking and their famous Nashville biscuits.
- Sixty Vines is a great spot for dinner. Don’t forget to hang out on the patio after.
- The Greenhouse Bar is what you’re expecting – A bar and longe in a greenhouse. It is a unique spot!
- The Hampton Social is another great place for Instagram photos and yummy food.
- Stopped for coffee and pastries at The Frothy Monkey (12South location).
- The old-school Pharmacy Burger Parlor + Beer Garden looks like a fun place to spend the afternoon.
- If you’re looking for a breakfast spot, head to Five Daughters Bakery (the 12South location).
- Check out Yee-Haw Brewing Co to try out some local beer.
- Head to the rooftop bar at Tootsies Orchid Lounge on Broadway. It’s the purple building!
And that’s the nitty-gritty of it. I’d say that this is a great list for a long weekend or even a week exploring Nashville. It will give you plenty to do and allows you to explore various parts of the city and beyond.
Let’s go places,
Psst! Make sure you never miss a blog post. Stay up-to-date by subscribing to my newsletter and following along on Instagram. And if you’re looking for help on your next travel itinerary, remember that I’m here to help!
What did I miss? Share your favorite Nashville spot in the comments section below.
All photos on this blog post are mine. Feel free to share but please credit me with a link back to the blog. Much appreciated, and thank you for your support!